Sunday, July 19, 2009

Saying goodbye to Nils :(

Nils left on Saturday July 18 to Afghanistan. All this past week has been really emotional for us. Jacee and I dropped him off at 6:30 pm, and it was so hard. I didn't want to take a picture because I had been crying so much, but I'm glad I did. It was also hard to say goodbye because I knew Jacee had no idea what was going on. His plane didn't leave the base until 11:45 that night. He text me at 4:30 that morning to say they had made it to New York, and they were waiting to take off again. I haven't heard from him since, but I'm hoping soon! Today is the first day without him and it's been really hard. You don't know how much you need/rely on someone til they are gone. Thank goodness I have Jacelyn to keep me laughing...but it's hard because I know she misses her daddy. We are hoping he returns home quickly and safely.
Last picture of us til he comes home :( I know I look bad, but wouldn't you too!?!??! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment