Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finally!

Yay...we FINALLY have internet! I've been a little depressed lately since I haven't been able to skype any of my family. Since my last post we:
1. Moved into our house. We are still getting settled into our house, and are hoping that our own stuff gets here soon. Right now we have loaner furniture from base...and well...it's nice, I guess. HAHA. It basically looks like hospital furniture. I've been worried that none of our stuff will fit in the house, so I just want it to get here already so I can stop!
2. We bought a car. It's nothing fancy, but it will hopefully work for the three years we are here. It is a 1999 Rover. It took us awhile to find a car because we needed an automatic and it seems like all the cars here are manual. We are hoping to buy another cheap car before the new year.
3. We also had a nice little Thanksgiving celebration. One of Nils's friends (they were stationed in Korea together) came over too. We had a good time, and I was happy because all the food turned out!
4. We found a pre-school for Jacee! It is called Busy Bees, and it is wonderful. They have alpacas, mini horses, ducks, and goats. The kids help feed the animals and learn about them. The kids also plant gardens and help tend to them through out the year. The school also has a swimming pool, so the kids can take swimming lessons. It costs extra and we haven't decided if we are going to put Jacee in them. She won't be able to start until Jan. 3rd, but that's only a few weeks away. She will go Mon-Fri from 12:45-3:45. And the best part......!? IT'S FREE! The government allows 15 hours a week free! WAHOO!
5. Osakr started crawling! He just up and went one day! It's so cute to watch him figure new stuff out. I am still adjusting to him being on the move, and I really have to watch what's on the floor. He also pulled himself up for the first time the other day. He crawls over to the stairs and then pulls himself up. Then he likes to hold on to the railing. I'm sure it won't be too long until he tries to climb up the stairs. Can you say BABY GATE!? He has also started waving. I have tried and tried to get a video of him doing it, but of course he always stops right when I get the camera out. I will keep trying though.

Well, this has been quite the update! We have been trying to get out and explore, but it has been hard with the kids, the short amount of daylight, and still getting used to the roads and everything. But we have some fun Christmas activites coming up!





No comments:

Post a Comment